People get famous within a snap of a finger, and that’s just what has happened to Percy Jackson, the teacher who choreographed Mekidal’s “Omo Ada” song with two of his pupils.
He has been trending since last week, and in as much as he wishes that he never wakes up from his sleep, (if indeed this was a dream) we cannot help but congratulate him for his innovative way of building a cordial relationship with his students.
societywatch.net brings to you 10 things you never knew about the “man of the moment”, Percy.
1) His full name is Percy Sackey.
2) Percy was born on the 10th of September, 1993.
3) He is the last born amongst 4 siblings. He has two elder brothers and an elder sister.
4) He started exhibiting his God given talent of singing and dancing as a class one pupil.
5) He attended Mpraeso Senior High School in Kwahu and was the assistant entertainment prefect in his final year in SHS.
He got the name “Percy Jackson” after he performed a Michael Jackson song alongside some “moonwalk” moves during a dance competition held on the campus of Mpraeso Senior High School.
6) He is a trainee teacher/student in Abetifi Teachers Training College in Kwahu. He is in his 3rd and final year in school and will be writing his final exam in.
7) He’s currently having his final year internship at the Obo Presby B Primary School, Kwahu.
8) Percy doesn’t just dance. He is also a song writer, a singer, a good performer and an actor.
Watch Percy Jackson’s performance at a recent program
9) He prefers to be known as a musician rather than a dancer.
10) He is embarking on a tramadol awareness campaign and is going to do it in two folds; through an Afro-pop song he will write himself and a dance video he will choreograph with his dancers.