Pursuant to recommendations in a Press release from the Ministry of Education, a seven member interim council has been set up with a 3-month mandate after the dissolution of the old council some hours ago.
In the press release, the interim councils have been given certain mandates which will include;
1) To assume the powers of the governing council.
2) To establish the causes of the recent student riots on campus.
3) To establish the full extent and cost of the damage caused.
4) To resolve the differences between University Management and the student body.
This new interim body will include
1) Nana Effah Apenteng (Chairman)
2) Prof. Mrs. Rita Akosua Dickson
3) Dr. Edward Baffoe-Bonnie
4) Madam Hilda Hagar Ampadu
5)Prof. Joshua Ayarkwa
6) Mrs. Abena Antwi
7) Kelvin Sah
The President has also directed that steps should be taken to reopen the university within 14 days.
See full statement below;