700 staff members of defunct bank, Beige Bank, will begin going home from Monday 27th August, 2018.
The Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited, new owners of Beige Bank are undertaking a retrenchment exercise which will see all field bankers being laid off effective Monday and the affected individuals have been informed of the decision.
READ ALSO: uniBank fights Bank of Ghana in High Court
After Bank of Ghana investigated operations of Beige Bank, it was concluded that the bank acquired their license by fraudulent means using suspicious and non-existent capital to acquire their operational license.
Read Memo circulated to Heads of Units after a Management meeting last weekend;
The outcome of today’s meeting with HR refers. Kindly adhere to the below sequence:
1. Place memos on the accounts of the attached exiting staff.
2. Engage the Micro banking team (all Field Tellers, FSO internal and outsourced) today to discuss their exit, which is effective Monday, August 27, 2018.
3. Notify them of the clearance procedure which includes reconciliation of their portfolios and submission of their assets to the HR office.
4. Customers will be informed to avoid dealing with Field Bankers effective immediately and should visit the branches over the next 2 weeks ending 7 September, 2018 for reconciliation of their passbooks.
5.Each branch has Two working weeks, effective Monday, August 27, 2018 to reconcile all customer passbooks.
6. Where an FT/FSO is fully cleared by the branch after the two weeks period, communication should be sent to helpdesk-hr for approval to remove the memos from their accounts.
All should duly follow the procedure above and contact HR for further clarification where needed.