1. Rt. Hon Alban Bagbin was duly elected as the Speaker of Parliament as opposed to the Majority Group leader’s assertion that it was on consensus.
2. He is not a Speaker of Parliament for the NPP or the NDC.
3. He’s determined to apply the rules strictly
4. He won’t be an obstacle to the government’s initiatives and businesses neither will he do the bidding of the NDC.
5. The house will have two caucuses namely the majority group and the minority caucuses. (As per what the speaker said until further explanations)
6. The NDC caucus is looking forward to 50% of the leadership roles of the Committees to steer the affairs of the house.
7. Apart from the Finance and Defence Ministries, which is within the auspices of the Majority to choose leaders, the NDC wants a fair share of the leadership roles apart from the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) which is mandatory for a minority person to chair the position.
NB: Kindly note that this is purely my understanding of the proceedings on the floor of Parliament Today.