google-site-verification: google769179c8a4ebc749.html google-site-verification: googlea72e973e8875ec2a.html
Home / Entertainment / Can Kuami Eugene, KiDi, Kwesi Arthur and King Promise survive in the industry’s ‘monopolized’ fandom?
King Promise, Kuami Eugene, Kwesi Arthur, KiDi

Can Kuami Eugene, KiDi, Kwesi Arthur and King Promise survive in the industry’s ‘monopolized’ fandom?

Ghana’s music industry has seen a lot of people (generations) come and go. And this includes the likes of the Late E. T. Mensah, the Late Dr. Paa Bobo and Paapa Yankson to the current crop of torch bearers including Sarkodie, Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy and Samini. 

Now, the future seems to be glaring at us already and these are the 4K’s; Kuami Eugene, KiDi, King Promise and Kwesi Arthur.

Kuami Eugene
                             Kuami Eugene

But wait, things don’t look all rosy for them; they will not last. Why? Well, let’s take a look at Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Samini and Sarkodie… they all own communities in Ghana. These artistes identify with particular communities in Ghana. 

READ ALSO: Sarkodie is a ‘BROKE A$$ NIGGA’ – Shatta Wale mocks Sarkodie

Let’s take Stonebwoy for example; he has made Ashaiman his own. So when Stonebwoy goes for a show, he represents Ashaiman. Do a survey on 100 people in Ashaiman and 95% are in full support of the Bhim President. So even if he doesn’t produce a song in a year, he will still remain relevant. 

KiDi
                                KiDi

Take Shatta Wale too and we all know that he owns the streets. So when Shatta Wale produces a song, boys from the street identify with the song and take it as their own because he is their king. 

And then Sarkodie; he identifies with Tema and has made boys from Tema feel part of SarkCess Music. Do a survey of 1,000 people in Tema and you will get 90% being Sarkodie’s fans. And then the remaining 10% will split between the other artistes. 

READ ALSO: Shatta Wale should know better; he’s influencing the youth negatively – Aka Blay

Same applies to Samini who owns Dansoman and Fancy Gadam who owns Tamale. So when Fancy goes out to perform, everyone knows he’s coming from Tamale. 

But ask yourself where the 4K’s represent? I don’t know which community KiDi or King Promise or Kwesi Arthur or Kuami Eugene can call their own. They don’t own communities unlike their senior counterparts. And this will spell doom for them in the very near future. 

Kwesi Arthur
                             Kwesi Arthur

What is sustaining the 4 K’s for now is because they are collaborating with the 4 S’. So when KiDi does a feature with Shatta Wale, SM fans get to like him whilst Bhim Natives abhor him. And when he does a feature with the Bhim President Stonebwoy, he gets a few Bhim Natives on his side whilst the few SM fans who loved him for his feature with their King then sway away because of his association with Stonebwoy. 

READ ALSO: Wendy Shay gets social media talking with a fresh ‘Vandal’ photo of her vajayjay

Cast your mind back to 2018 and Sarkodie didn’t make any hit song that year apart from his wedding song, “Can’t let you go” hit. But ask yourself why Sarkodie is very relevant up to today. The secret is his fan base; where he represents. 

It’ll do them a lot of good if they start owning certain communities else their relevance in Ghana’s Music industry is not guaranteed. 

Let me end here with a popular proverb; “a word to the wise is enough”.

 

Mensah Ayartey

About Kwamina DEXTRO

I believe that everything in this world is possible. The question is “how can it be done?” I am a reserved individual who likes to research on diverse topics, so as to build my knowledge bank and I love to write.

Check Also

I am cool with Strongman; no hard feelings – Medikal

AMG Medikal has demystified the popular claim that he has personal issues with Strongman. Speaking …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *