In spite of all the ‘bad nuts’ that have infiltrated the Ghana Police Service, there are still some good ones out there who are willing to go by the oath they swore during their passing out ceremony.
One of such persons is officer Jacob Bitrim of the Ghana Police Service. He seems to be so dedicated to his job and has vowed not to tow the path some of his colleagues are towing.
According to him, there are 10 good reasons why he will not compromise his integrity and profession by taking a bribe.
In a Facebook post on his wall, the officer outlined these 10 reasons and why it is abominable to take bribe in the line of duty as a police officer.
Read his 10 reasons below:
1. By GOD’S grace i’m very much content with my salary .
2. Taking bribe might send an innocent person to prison
3. Bribes are curses in disguise to me
4. Bribe brings sickness, Bad luck and problems to the taker
5. Bribe taking will always cause the reoccurring of Crimes
6. I will give an account to my creator when I die
7. I respect myself, my job, my ( I. G. P ) and my country
8. I must be trusted in my uniform as a police officer
9 . I must be a role model to the upcoming ones who desire to be police officers in future.
10. GOD will judge me someday according to my deeds on earth