SAD: 2 year old boy dies from snake bite after hospital authorities refused him treatment because he didn’t have a folder

0
2 year old boy dies from snake bite after hospital authorities refused him treatment

News reaching societywatch.net has it that a two year old boy has died after he was refused treatment for a snakebite because he didn’t have a hospital folder.

According to sources, the poor boy was bitten by a snake in a Bambara beans farm at Boli in Wa, Saturday. Due to the unavailability of a means of transport, his mother had to carry him on her back and walk for more than 3 KM to the nearest CHPS Compound where he was given first aid. He was then refereed to the Upper West Regional Hospital.

READ ALSO: PHOTOS: John Dumelo visits West Legon after Sunday’s heavy downpour

After traveling on a motorbike together with his mother and an aunt for about 45 minutes from Boli to Wa, health workers on duty at that time allegedly asked the boy’s mother to get a folder before he is treated.

Unfortunate for his mother, she met an empty folder room as all those on duty at the time had abandoned their post. Reverting to the nurses on duty on how urgently he needed treatment, they still insisted for a folder before any treatment could be given to him.

An eye witness, Salia Abudu told 3news that; “We were asked to go for a folder if not we wouldn’t get treatment. We went to the folder room but there was nobody there; and the nurses insisted they will not attend to us until we have the folder”.

After inquiring about the whereabout of the person in charge of the folder room to no avail, they had to wait four hours till 6pm without treatment before finally making the 45 minutes return journey back to Boli. However, the boy could not make it as he died on his way back to Boli.

Many have called for heads to roll at the health facility as these cases of unprofessional services being provided by health workers in Ghana is becoming one too many.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here